When suffering from a painful herniated disc or pain in joints or muscles, you may hesitate to seek treatment, assuming it will involve a surgical procedure. However, there is an effective nonsurgical solution that promotes healing and recovery without the risks and potential complications associated with invasive surgery – oxygen-ozone injection treatment.
Ozone is a super-charged oxygen molecule that has been used to treat a wide variety of medical conditions worldwide for more than 100 years, including joint pain, muscle pain, disc herniations, sports injuries, back and neck pain, arthritis, and even a sluggish immune system. With the exception of treatment for a herniated disc, which is performed with fluoroscopic guidance at an outpatient surgical center, ozone injection procedures are conveniently done in an office setting with no subsequent downtime, and anesthesia is not necessary.
Consider the many benefits of ozone injection therapy:
- It can improve your immune system. Ozone injection therapy can help strengthen your immune system, enabling it to ward off infection and reduce inflammation that is caused by oxidative stress. It keeps inflammation manageable, which also keeps many chronic inflammatory diseases – such as arthritis and Crohn’s disease – and immune-related disorders under control.
- It has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral abilities. Whereas bacteria adapt to resist antibiotics over time, ozone has been found to have infection control properties that can prevent or resolve acute infections and viruses.
- It can revert brain tissue damage. A study in 2012 found that a mixture of oxygen and ozone gases supplied to brain tissue stopped further damage to stroke victims and reverted the brain to its original state.
- It reduces the risk of recurrent heart attacks. Research indicates that ozone therapy can significantly lower the chances of a repeat heart attack, the development of dead tissue from a lack of oxygen, or an abnormal or irregular heart rate (arrhythmia) after a heart attack.
- It helps detox your body. In today’s world, exposure to toxins is unavoidable. Regular ozone treatments not only help to counteract toxins but also speed up metabolism and improve overall health.
- It helps heal chronic wounds. Numerous studies show that ozone injection treatment effectively treats chronic wounds, including painful mouth sores and ulcers that develop on the feet of diabetic patients.
- It provides pain relief. Upwards 85 percent of people experience back pain at some point in their lives. With its anti-inflammatory properties, ozone treatment can provide welcome relief to back and other muscular pain sufferers.
- It repairs stem cells. Stem cells work to produce cells throughout your body, providing aid to your heart, brain, nervous system, and other working parts. Ozone therapy improves a cell’s ability to reactivate and repair broken cells more quickly.
- It provides cell oxygenation. When your tissue doesn’t have enough access to oxygen, it dies. This deficiency of oxygen is what is known as hypoxia. Ozone therapy helps hypoxic tissue – often the result of chemotherapy and radiation therapy – by providing your body with oxygen.
- It can promote healthier skin. Skin cells require oxygen to stay healthy. The increased oxygenation of ozone therapy helps skin cells recover and repair. Plus, the antioxidant properties of ozone can increase collagen and elastin activity, which can lead to improved, rejuvenated skin.
Ozone Injection Therapy Near You in Caldwell, New Jersey
Dr. Warren J. Bleiweiss at Alternative Disc Therapy in Caldwell, New Jersey, is a leader in the use of ozone injections for herniated discs, joint and muscle pain, and injuries. He not only pioneered the outpatient oxygen-ozone disc injection procedure in the United States but is also recognized as a leading expert in North America in treating disc herniations with ozone injections without surgery or medication. He has long believed in the body’s innate ability to heal itself naturally. Thus, his approach is to address the root cause of each patient’s condition and customize a specific regenerative treatment tailored to their specific needs.
Many of Dr. Bleisweiss’ patients have reported excellent results after having ozone injection therapy. To schedule an in-office or virtual consultation with Dr. Bleiweiss to discuss effective alternative treatments for your painful conditions or your general health and wellbeing, call our practice today at (973) 403-3334 or use our secure online appointment request form.