Chronic pain – whether it’s due to a herniated disc, degenerating joints, or overused muscles – can, at best, make performing simple daily tasks more difficult. At worst, it can make your life miserable as you struggle to cope.
Conventional treatment options for chronic pain include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, prescription medication, nerve blocks, physical therapy, electrical stimulation, and – as a last resort – invasive surgery. However, the effectiveness of these options may vary depending on the severity of your condition and, especially in the case of surgery, come with risks of complications.
A far safer, nonsurgical, and highly effective alternative in the treatment of chronic pain is oxygen-ozone injections, which promote healing and recovery without the inherent risks of invasive surgery.
The Pain-Relieving Power of Ozone Injections
Ozone therapy has been heavily studied and successfully utilized for more than 100 years with effects that are consistent and safe with minimal side effects.
Ozone gas (O3) is a super-charged oxygen molecule consisting of three atoms of oxygen that have been used worldwide to treat a wide variety of health problems, such as disc herniations, joint pain, muscle pain, sports injuries, back and neck pain, arthritis, and even to boost a sluggish immune system. Most ozone injection procedures are conveniently performed in a doctor’s office without the need for anesthesia and with no downtime required. The only treatment for a herniated disc is performed with fluoroscopic guidance at an outpatient surgical center.
It’s as simple as that – and yet the therapeutic benefits are significant:
- Ozone disc injections relieve pressure on spinal nerves by shrinking the herniated portion of a ruptured disc. As an added bonus, it improves the long-term health of the disc, which is something that surgery cannot achieve.
- Medical ozone can safely and effectively treat, eliminate, or minimize chronic joint and muscle pain, acting as an alternative to conventional injection treatments and a safer, less complicated alternative to surgical procedures, including knee replacement and shoulder surgery.
- Ozone injection therapy can reduce the pain and inflammation of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) by strengthening the immune system, reducing total body inflammation, activating the body’s antioxidant defenses, and improving circulation and oxygen levels.
- Ozone injections can improve mild to moderate cases of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Because ozone injection therapy improves oxygen delivery to tissues, it minimizes the stress placed on the lungs by a respiratory disorders such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, emphysema, lung cancer, mesothelioma, pulmonary hypertension, or tuberculosis.
- Ozone injection therapy has been found to significantly improve the clinical symptoms associated with chronic HCV (hepatitis C virus).
- Ozone therapy inhibits the growth and development of bacteria, thereby halting the spread of infections. It also helps inactivate viruses, fungi, yeast, and protozoa. These properties combined with the immune-boosting properties of ozone can speed up healing and reduce the pain of wounds more effectively than standard treatments.
- Ozone injection therapy can be used to help control and prevent infectious skin diseases and conditions such as rosacea, acne, and psoriasis, as well as skin-related allergic conditions.
- Ozone injections even help patients suffering from macular degeneration by minimizing the loss of photoreceptors (cells in the retina that respond to light) and therefore, improving visual acuity when treatment is started as early as possible.
- Ozone enhances the immune system through multiple mechanisms and deactivating bacteria, viruses, and other foreign bodies.
Ozone Injections in Caldwell, New Jersey
Oxygen-ozone injections are an in-office treatment routinely performed by Dr. Warren J. Bleiweiss, a nationwide leader in the field of regenerative medicine and alternative treatments. If you are suffering from any form of chronic pain and are seeking a nonsurgical solution that offers effective healing and a swift recovery, you owe it to yourself to explore the benefits of oxygen-ozone injections at Alternative Disc Therapy in Caldwell, New Jersey.
Dr. Bleiweiss not only treats disc herniations with ozone injections, but he also utilizes this method to treat joint pain, muscle pain, sports injuries, back and neck pain, arthritis, and other painful conditions with effective and reliable results. Likewise, Dr. Bleiweiss uses ozone therapy to boost the immune system and help fight viruses and harmful bacteria.
To learn more about ozone injection treatments and how they may work to address your health issue, call us today at (973) 403-3334 or fill out our Request an Appointment form online. For our patients’ added convenience, we also offer telemedicine appointments.