Did you know that oxygen-ozone therapy has been used by medical professionals for more than 150 years to treat a variety of health issues ranging from infectious diseases to autoimmune problems? If not, you’re about to discover the amazing benefits of this alternative medical option.
Ozone (O3) is a super-charged oxygen molecule that research has shown works to stimulate the immune system naturally. Whereas conventional medicine often fails to improve a patient’s symptoms – or worsens them – requiring the use of more prescription drugs to counteract the original drugs’ side effects, oxygen-ozone injection therapy offers a natural alternative with profound healing capabilities.
The Many Benefits of Oxygen Ozone Therapy
Dr. Warren J. Bleisweiss is a renowned triple board-certified physician who pioneered ozone disc injection treatment for disc herniations in the United States over a decade ago and performs this procedure routinely with reliable and positive outcomes. In addition to safely and effectively treating disc herniations with ozone injections, Dr. Bleiweiss uses this method to successfully treat a myriad of chronic health issues for which patients from all over North America flock to his practice in Caldwell, New Jersey.
Among the many benefits of oxygen-ozone therapy are:
- An improved immune system – Oxygen ozone therapy can boost your immune system to reduce inflammation and ward off infection.
- Antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral abilities– Over time, bacteria have adapted to resist antibiotics. However, numerous studies have found that ozone contains a potent layer of infection control properties that can improve some acute fungal, viral, and bacterial infections in as little as 48 hours.
- Reversion of brain tissue damage– When a person suffers a stroke, their brain is deprived of oxygen. The best course of action to minimize brain damage is to restore oxygen as swiftly as possible. A study in 2012 found that the mixture of oxygen and ozone gases supplied to brain tissue not only prevents further damage but also can help the brain revert to its original state.
- Reduced risk of repeat heart attacks – Research has found that, among those who have suffered a heart attack, ozone therapy can significantly reduce the chances of a second attack, the development of dead tissue due to a lack of oxygen, or an abnormal or irregular heart rate known as arrhythmia.
- Body detoxification– Regular oxygen ozone treatments have been shown to increase metabolism and improve overall health, enabling your body to fight back against the adverse effects of environmental toxins.
- Chronic wound healing–Numerous studies indicate that regular oxygen ozone treatments may play a vital role in treating chronic wounds, notably among diabetic patients that have developed ulcers on their feet. It also provides relief to those with painful mouth ulcers.
- Chronic pain relief–It is estimated that as many as 85 percent of people will suffer from back pain at some point in their lives. It is the most common reason for a doctor’s visit, costing Americans approximately $50 billion in healthcare costs every year. Fortunately, oxygen-ozone treatment has properties that can provide relief to back pain sufferers.
- Stem cell repair – Your stem cells constantly work to produce cells of vital organs throughout your body. Oxygen ozone therapy can improve your stem cells’ ability to reactivate and quickly repair any damaged cells.
- Improved joint mobility–Oxygen ozone therapy can increase oxygen levels within your blood, thereby benefiting musculoskeletal conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, and bursitis, among others.
- Healthier skin– Your skin cells need oxygen, which oxygen-ozone therapy readily provides. The increased oxygenation helps cells recover and repair. Oxygen ozone’s additional antioxidant properties can also increase collagen and elastin activity, which can lead to improved and rejuvenated skin.
Oxygen Ozone Therapy in Caldwell, New Jersey
Dr. Bleiweiss not only safely and effectively treats disc herniations with oxygen-ozone injections, but he also uses this method to successfully treat muscle pain, joint pain, sports injuries, back and neck pain, arthritis, and more. Oxygen ozone treatments can also boost the immune system and kill viruses and bacteria. The treatment is done in an office setting, except for ozone injection treatments for disc herniations, which are performed with fluoroscopic guidance at an outpatient surgical center.
Dr. Bleiweiss has helped countless patients with oxygen-ozone injection therapy. To learn more about this ground-breaking treatment, call our practice today at (973) 403-3334 to arrange a consultation, or schedule it online using our request an appointment form. We also offer telemedicine appointments for patients’ convenience.