We all experience pain from time to time in our lives. However, there are different types of pain, and how it is treated often depends on its cause, severity, and longevity. For example, pain can be the result of an acute (short-term) injury or illness, or it can be the result of a chronic (long-term) condition, such as arthritis or joint pain, muscle pain, degenerative disc disease, headaches or migraines, or fibromyalgia, just to name a few. With an acute condition, most “tough it out” and endure discomfort until it simply goes away. However, when pain becomes chronic – lasting longer than six months – it can significantly affect quality of life.
If your chronic pain involves vital parts of your body, such as your spine, joints, nerves, or abdominal or pelvic regions, it can severely limit your function and mobility to a degree that you can’t enjoy your favorite activities any longer. It can also take a considerable toll on your emotional well being in the form of depression, stress, or anxiety.
If your pain gets to the point where it persists for an extended period of time, or if you are still experiencing severe discomfort despite medical treatment from a primary care physician, it’s time to consult a pain doctor, also known as a pain management specialist.Pain management doctors have specialized education and training in evaluating, diagnosing, treating, and preventing many different types of pain.
Here are five ways to find the best doctor for chronic pain or degenerative disc disease near you:
- Request a referral from your primary care physician (PCP). Your PCP is very familiar with your medical history and will likely be able to direct you to a pain management doctor who specializes in the type of care you need.
- Look online for reliable information about pain management clinics in your area and elsewhere. Many online search engines and directories, such as Vitals, Health grades, and RateMDs, can help you search for pain management doctors near you, allowing you to search by both specialty and location.
- 3. Seek help in your search from pain support groups and forums. This is an excellent way to get information from others who have been through what you are experiencing now. Support groups can share important resources such as doctor recommendations and alternative treatment information.
- Contact pain advocacy organizations. These associations are dedicated to helping individuals cope with chronic pain and can not only provide you with helpful resources, but also help you find the right doctor for your specific condition. They include:
- U.S. Pain Foundation
- Patient Mind Inc.
- Chronic Pain Research Alliance
- American Chronic Pain Association
- Cut to the chase and contact the best pain doctor near you in Caldwell, New Jersey. If you have a painful disc herniation or pain in joints or muscles and are seeking nonsurgical solutions to promote healing and recovery, it’s time you explored oxygen-ozone injection treatments from Dr. Bleiweissat Alternative Disc Therapy.
Dr. Warren J. Bleiweiss is triple board-certified from the American Academy of Stem Cell Physicians, American Board of Anesthesiology, and American Board of Pain Medicine. He is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Stem Cell Physicians. Not only is he the best doctor for degenerative disc disease near you, but is also recognized as one of the best pain management specialists in the United States.
Why Ozone Is The Best Medication for Chronic Pain and the Best Painkiller for Herniated Discs
Ozone is a super-charged oxygen molecule that has been used to treat a variety of medical conditions worldwide for more than a century. Medical ozone is an alternative to conventional treatments and a number of surgeries. The benefits of ozone injection therapy include:
- The signaling of your body’s stem cells to mobilize to a pain-afflicted area.
- The stimulation of your body’s cells to repair painful joint and muscle damage.
- Improvement in the ability of your cells to cope with oxidative stress.
- A decrease in inflammation.
- Improvement of blood flow to a painful area.
- Increased lymphatic drainage.
Dr. Bleiweiss is a national leader in the use of ozone injection treatments for herniated discs, joint and muscle pain, and injuries. He pioneered the outpatient oxygen-ozone disc injection procedure in the United States and remains a leading expert in North America in treating disc herniations and chronic pain with ozone injections without surgery or medication.
Dr. Bleiweiss has long believed in the body’s innate ability to heal itself naturally on a cellular level. As such, he routinely performs safe and effective ozone injection treatments to provide patients with long-lasting, positive outcomes. His approach is to address the root cause of each patient’s condition and customize regenerative treatments to their specific needs.
Best Pain Management Doctor in Caldwell, New Jersey
To schedule an in-office or virtual consultation with Dr. Bleiweiss to discuss effective alternative treatments for your painful condition or your general health and wellbeing, call our practice today at (973) 403-3334 or use our convenient and secure online appointment request form.