For centuries, many have searched for the “fountain of youth” – a way to not only prolong life, but to age more gracefully. They have tried everything from supplements to wrinkle creams to cosmetic surgery in order to look and feel young, but no one has ever been able to slow down the aging process itself Until now.
What we now realize is that the true key to living longer, stronger, healthier, and with vitality exists on a cellular level. While it is true that aging is influenced by a variety of factors, there is mounting evidence that NAD+ (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) – a critical coenzyme found in every cell in your body – plays a key role in the aging process that is involved in various biological functions and in regulating stress.
Although our healthy levels of NAD+ decline with age, thereby slowing down our metabolism and increasing our susceptibility to disease, replenishing NAD+ in our bodies can delay the aging process. NAD infusions have been proven (through the results of many patients) to enhance overall health and well-being.
How NAD+ Promotes Healthy Aging
NAD+ has been shown to slow down the usual effects of aging. Here are several specific ways in which it does so:
- NAD promotes healthy aging. It enhances your cells’ repair of damaged DNA. When NAD+ levels are high, your cells will perform many functions more efficiently, including repair of damaged DNA.
- It supports cellular energy production. NAD+ helps your body to convert food into fuel for the cells. Food is digested down to its smallest metabolic components, such as sugars, fats, and amino acids, and then used by the mitochondria for energy.
In your youth, your body had plenty of energy because your cells were performing at their peak. As we get older, however, this process slows down and becomes less efficient. An infusion of NAD+ restores the health of the mitochondria, thus restoring your overall cellular health.
- It strengthens brain function. By increasing the supply of NAD+ in your brain cells, the creation of enzymes helps support cognitive function and neuroplasticity – thereby having positive effects on brain functions such as neurotransmission, learning, and memory.
- It reinforces healthy metabolic function. By supporting your natural NAD+ production with an extra dose, your body’s cells will convert food to fuel more efficiently. This helps your body use insulin and cholesterol more effectively.
- It improves liver function. Your liver cells metabolize and detoxify substances that are produced in your body. Replenishing NAD+ helps to support these cells and reduces the potential for fat to deposit in your liver.
NAD Infusions in Caldwell, New Jersey
Although oral NAD+ precursor supplements are available, your body loses much of the beneficial NAD+ precursors during the digestive process. At Alternative Disc Therapy, Dr. Warren Bleiweiss offers NAD+ IV infusion therapy that provides the utmost NAD+ benefits, treating you at the cellular level to correct common age-related effects – such as memory loss, low energy levels, aches, pains, and more.
A triple board-certified physician, Dr. Bleiweiss harnesses the most advanced and safe regenerative medicine protocols with outstanding results for his patients. He believes that patients must be treated based on their specific health conditions. As such, Dr. Bleiweiss will thoroughly assess your overall health, as well as your experience with aging, before recommending one or more anti-aging treatments that are most suitable specifically for you.
To learn more about NAD+ infusions and how they can help delay the aging process and potentially reverse some aging effects, call our practice today at (973) 403-3334 to arrange a consultation with Dr. Bleiweiss. You can also request an appointment online using our secure request form now. We look forward to helping you feel revitalized and healthy!