Aging is an inevitable fact of life, a natural biological process brought on by oxidative stress, glycation, telomere shortening, side reactions, mutations, aggregation of proteins, and other progressive damage to our bodily structures and functions. But just because you are getting older by the minute, doesn’t mean you have to look and feel older prematurely.
Aging occurs at a cellular level, but our cells have an innate intelligence to stay strong and healthy if we provide them with a better environment in which to thrive.
Here are several ways you can take better care of your cells and, in turn, slow down the aging process to look and feel younger for as long as possible:
- Protect your skin. While the sun’s ultraviolet (UVB) rays are the best source of vitamin D, over-exposure to sunlight plays a key role in premature skin aging. For UV protection on hot and sunny days, use sunscreen that is broad-spectrum SPF 30 or higher and water-resistant, and wear sun-protective clothing, such as long-sleeved shirts, pants, wide-brimmed hats, and sunglasses.
Also, wash your face twice a day and after sweating heavily, as perspiration can irritate your skin. When washing, cleanse your skin gently, as scrubbing hard can irritate your skin and accelerate skin aging. Apply a facial moisturizer every day to trap water in your skin and give it a more youthful appearance. However, do not use skin care products that sting or burn, thus irritating your skin.
- Don’t smoke and drink less alcohol. Smoking causes wrinkles and dulls your complexion, while alcohol dehydrates your skin and damages it over time, making you look older than you are.
- Eat a healthy and well-balanced diet. Extensive research confirms that eating an ample amount of fresh fruits and vegetables helps prevent damage that can result in premature skin aging. On the other hand, a diet containing plenty of sugar or other refined carbohydrates has been found to accelerate aging.
- Exercise often. Studies have shown that moderate exercise can improve circulation and strengthen your immune system, thereby giving your skin a more youthful appearance.
- See an anti-aging doctor for nonsurgical treatments that target the root cause of aging with physician-assisted upstream anti-aging treatments. Dr. Warren J. Bleisweiss at Alternative Disc Therapy, a triple board-certified physician, has researched the science of anti-aging for years. He uses advanced, effective, and safe regenerative protocols to correct common age-related effects – such as memory loss, low energy, aches, pains, and more – by treating them at the cellular level.
Among the innovative anti-aging treatments proved by Dr. Bleiweiss are:
- IV ozone infusions to promote cellular health, boost the immune system, and protect against infections
- Ozone injections to rejuvenate your spine, muscles, and joints and stimulate healing
- Total spine care without surgery or medication
- VSEL (stem cell) infusions for regeneration and recovery
- NAD+ infusions to improve the health of your cells
- Vitamins and minerals IV infusions, such as vitamin C and magnesium
- Glutathione IV infusions, a master antioxidant, and detoxifier
- Alpha lipoic acid, an antioxidant that helps regenerate nerves
- Photo-activated PRP treatments to improve thinning hair
Using a combination of the state-of-the-art treatments offered by Dr. Bleiweiss can help you preserve your youthful vitality and appearance well into your golden years.
Why Upstream Anti-Aging Treatments Are the Most Effective Way to Address Aging
The problem with conventional anti-aging treatments is that they are performed after the aging process is well underway or has already occurred. Take, for example, filling a wrinkle or replacing a joint after it has already been destroyed by arthritis. Not only do “downstream” anti-aging therapies fail to address the root cause of the problem, they also carry significant side effects.
In contrast, upstream anti-aging treatments focus on the source of aging – not just the symptoms – which occurs at the cellular level. They enable the development of healthy and natural treatments to help rejuvenate your body’s cells, so they can continue to thrive. The goal of these new types of anti-aging treatments is to rewind the aging clock and help you return to a healthier and more vibrant version of yourself by rejuvenating aging cells while promoting energy and overall well-being.
Best Anti-Aging Treatments Near You in Caldwell, New Jersey
When you meet with Dr. Bleiweiss at Alternative Disc Therapy, he will assess your overall health and your experience with aging, and then recommend one or more anti-aging treatments that are best suited specifically for you. Dr. Bleiweiss firmly believes that patients must be treated based on their specific health conditions, and the protocol he recommends is unique to each individual.
To learn more about how ground-breaking techniques can help you slow down the aging process and potentially reverse some aging effects, call our practice today at (973) 403-3334 for your consultation or schedule it online using our interactive request an appointment form. We also offer telemedicine appointments for patient convenience.