Ask yourself this: What good is looking younger than your real age if you feel physically and mentally older nonetheless?
That’s the problem with most so-called “anti-aging treatments” that merely focus on cosmetic appearance or on relieving an individual’s age-related symptom (e.g., fatigue, brain fog, joint pain, etc.) after it has already occurred and is irreversible.
Fortunately, there are self-help and clinical steps you can take to look great and keep that youthful feeling well into your golden years. Here are five anti-aging tips to incorporate into your life:
1. Stay active and exercise.
Regular physical activity – whether it’s a daily exercise routine or an active lifestyle – can help lower your risk of heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, obesity, and dementia. In fact, walking briskly for about five hours per week has been found to promote better mobility and mental acuity as we age. It also keeps your bones strong and enables your brain to release depression-fighting serotonin. Focus on low-intensity exercises like resistance training or yoga for safe yet beneficial results.
2. Eat and drink wisely.
A healthy diet can reduce your risk of developing chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Deep-colored fruits and green leafy vegetables are especially beneficial, as they contain age-fighting antioxidants. Other foods linked to longevity and lower susceptibility to the disease include lean proteins, low-fat dairy products, legumes, nuts, green tea, and fish. At the same time, avoid sugar and processed foods, and limit, alcohol, and caffeinated beverage consumption.
Also, drink plenty of water. Drinking eight glasses of fresh water each day will help keep you looking your best by hydrating and replenishing your skin’s tissue and cells. It also supports optimal health by regulating body temperature, lubricating joints, preventing infection, delivering nutrients to your cells, and keeping your organs functioning properly.
3. Limit your exposure to the sun’s UV light.
While the sun’s UVA and UVB rays are a major source of vitamin D, too much exposure can damage your skin by breaking down the elastin in your skin, resulting in wrinkles, age spots, uneven skin tone, and a generally saggy and dull appearance that are all signs of aging. Always wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF rating of at least 30 when outdoors on sunny days to protect your skin, reapplying every few hours for optimal protection.
4. Get plenty of rest.
How does sufficient sleep relate to aging? While you’re sleeping, your body continuously releases hormones that promote cell replacement and renewal. Seven to eight hours of restful sleep per night enables you to wake up more energized and clear-headed – important factors in combating premature aging.
5. Slow down the aging process with cellular-based regenerative medicine and anti-aging treatments.
Aging occurs at a cellular level, beginning with each cell in your body, and because your cells have the innate intelligence to remain healthy and strong, they can be harnessed to decelerate the aging process. Where conventional anti-aging treatments simply focus on the symptoms of aging with minimal (if any) results, upstream anti-aging therapy addresses the root cause of aging with significant outcomes.
How Anti–Aging Treatments Can Keep You Feeling Young
As a pioneer and renowned expert in the field of regenerative medicine, triple-board certified physician Warren J. Bleiweiss at Alternative Disc Therapy in Caldwell, New Jersey, uses advanced, effective, and safe regenerative protocols to treat common age-related effects – such as memory loss, low energy, aches, pains, and more – at the cellular level. Dr. Bleiweiss provides the most innovative and comprehensive range of anti-aging treatments that include:
- IV ozone infusions promote cellular health, boost the immune system, and protect against infections
- Ozone injections rejuvenate your spine, muscles, and joints and stimulate healing
- Total spine care without surgery or medication
- VSEL (stem cell) infusions for regeneration and recovery
- NAD+ infusions to improve the health of your cells
- Vitamins and minerals IV infusions such as vitamin C and magnesium
- Glutathione IV infusions, a primary antioxidant, and detoxifier
- Alpha lipoic acid, an antioxidant that helps regenerate nerves
- Photo-activated PRP treatments to improve thinning hair and treat a variety of orthopedic ailments
These treatments have multiple effective anti-aging benefits that include:
- Bolstering your antioxidant system
- Mobilizing your stem cells – cells from which other cells with specialized functions are generated
- Boosting your immunity to disease and infection
- Oxygenating your body’s tissues
- Improving your overall cellular health
- Promoting healthy cell proliferation throughout your body
- Improving your circulation
Anti-Aging Treatment Near You in Caldwell, New Jersey
Because he believes that patients must be treated based on their specific health conditions, Dr. Bleiweiss will assess your overall health, your personal experience with aging, and your unique needs before recommending one or more anti-aging treatments that are best suited for you.
To learn more about upstream antiaging treatments and how they can help you slow down the aging process and possibly reverse some aging effects, call Alternative Disc Therapy today at (973) 403-3334 to arrange a private consultation with Dr. Bleiweiss. Or, if you prefer, schedule your appointment using our interactive online request form. For the added convenience of our patients, we are proud to offer telemedicine appointments.